1. Page Titles Define Your Website
2. One URL to Rule Them All
3. Content is KingGoogle analyzes the text content of your site to determine how relevant your keywords are. There are many tricks they use including giving more relevance to text in the first half of the page, text inside heading tags and text linked to other pages within the site. Take time to determine the keywords and phrases most important to your website and make good use of them within your meta tags, headings and image tags.
4. Get to the Point!
5. Don't Be Evil
- Don't load up pages with keyword lists that are the same colour as your background
- Don't deliver different content to Googlebot than you do to regular users
- Don't load irrelevant keywords in your meta tags
- Don't load up multiple title tags (called title stacking)
- Don't keyword-spam your file names
- Don't list your website URL on link farms
- Don't pay to get your site listed on high-PageRank sites